Colorado State University Music Therapy program is conducting a study on the impact of music therapy on brain responses in children with autism.
They are “seeking children ages 6-12 for a study on the impact of a music therapy attention protocol on the brainwaves and behaviors of individuals on the autism spectrum.” Click here for details.
I’m a strong proponent of music therapy. Read more about my Compassionate Care Mission here.
83,000 brain scans
from 93 countries
- You are not stuck with the brain you have.
- Brains can be rehabilitated.
- You can make it better.
“When you have the privilege of changing someone’s brain, you not only change his or her life, you have the opportunity to change generations to come.” — Dr. Daniel Amen.
Amen. Aye, men.
Want to retrain your brain? Checkout Learning Rx in Fort Collins, led by Mike Winchell. He’s the Program Director. Learning Rx provides 1:1 brain training for people, ages 0-100.
When Mike’s not running the show at Learning Rx, you’ll find him fine-tuning his skills as guitarist in KD & The Painkillers*, a local band (I’m also a member).
*We’re performing this weekend at Island Grill in Fort Collins on Friday & Saturday eve. Please stop by to see our brains at work!
This beautiful video is for families, caregivers, or friends in need of strength, as they watch their loved one move on.
Video by BAFTA winning animator Ainslie Henderson
Song by James/album La Petite Morte
The first ten of the brainy playlist are here. Brainy songs #11-20 are right here, on our YouTube channel:
11. What’s on Your Mind? (Pure Energy) – Information Society
12. Mind Control – Stephen Marley
13. Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
14. Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
15. Unforgettable – Natalie Cole
16. House, MD Opener – (Teardrop) Massive Attack
17. Mind Set on You – George Harrison
18. Peace of Mind – Boston
19. Girlfriend in a Coma – The Smiths
20. Transfusion – Nervous Norvis
My band The Roctors will be performing at The Whisk(e)y on Friday, June 8th, 8pm, in downtown Fort Collins. Are you ready to be rocked?
Throw on some dancing shoes, bring your friends, and enjoy a dose of music therapy!
#band #FortCollins #music
Below is a brainy playlist. Hear the whole thing here:
1. Weird Science – Oingo Boingo
2. Despacito Biology – Evo-Devo
3. Dig – Nervous Norvis
4. Where is My Mind – The Pixies
5. Where is My Mind – Weezer
6. Read My Mind – The Killers
7. Always on My Mind – Elvis
8. Always on My Mind – Willie
9. Always on My Mind – Pet Shop Boys
10. Blinded Me with Science – Thomas Dolby
Tomorrow… Saturday June 2nd, I’ll be performing with the band KD& The Painkillers from 8pm-11pm at Prost Brewing in Fort Collins. See you there!
It’s been rainy here, near the neurology clinic. Can’t help but to think of Prince.Ƭ̵̬̊
#PurpleRain #neurology #neurologist #Colorado #Cheyenne #Prince
My band The Roctors plays this Friday at The Colorado Room.
See you there!
Though the tax man may take all your dough, he can never take away your sunny afternoon. Here’s a treat from The Kinks: